There are some basic safety measures you should take when using fireworks.
1. Buy fireworks from reliable dealers; buying fireworks from a guy who is selling them from his trunk is not a good idea!
2. Make sure you read all the directions and follow them as well. You are using explosives so it is important you know what you should do.
3. I know this sounds silly but I have to say it; use fireworks outdoors only. People have tried on several occasions to create 'light shows' indoors.
4. Make sure you have water near by, and not just a bucket of water. A garden hose that is hooked up and working well is important as well.
5. Do not allow children to play with fireworks and always have a responsible adult present.
6. Do not try and make your own fireworks, they are very complicated and should be left up to the professionals to make.
7. Do not light multiple fireworks at once; this can be very dangerous because if something goes wrong with more then one, you will be out numbered.
8. Do not point fireworks at people or throw them at people.
9. Do not carry fireworks in your pocket, backpack or purse!
10. When you dispose of fireworks make sure you soak them in a bucket of water first.
11. When you light fireworks eye protection is very important, and make sure all body parts are out of the way.